We are a large, well respected, stable Practice operating across two sites in Potton and Gamlingay.
We are a very hard working team with a commitment to providing high quality clinical care to our patients.
- Patient list size – 12,200
- Rural market town and village locations
- Free parking, easy commute
- Positive CQC report
- Cambridge Medical Student training Practice
- SystmOne computer system
This is an exciting and interesting opportunity for an experienced and proficient Medical Secretary/Administrator to join our busy and friendly team.
The post holder must be able to undertake a range of administrative duties and be well organised with excellent typing, secretarial and communication skills (verbal and written).
Applicants should have previous experience in a medical secretarial role with an excellent understanding of medical terminology and be proficient in audio typing. Applicants should also be able to work as part of a team and independently using their own initiative.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a full secretarial service including efficient audio typing (using Lexacom) for all GPs and other professionals as required.
- Handling patient/practice queries regarding hospital appointments and treatments
- Processing and coding workflow for all incoming correspondence from hospitals and patients
- To process online queries and e-consultation requests.
Basic hours – 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
NHS experience is essential and previous use of SystmOne is desirable, although training can be provided. The shifts will be based at both sites, therefore own transport is essential.
Closing date: 18th December 2020
For more information, view the Medical Secretary/Administrator Job Description.
Applications to be submitted via NHS Jobs: www.jobs.nhs.uk – Medical Secretary/Administrator