We are aware that a batch of letters have been sent out from the NHS on Friday to patients who have a medical condition or are receiving treatment that may significantly weaken the immune system.
Experts have recommended a third dose for people who have a severely weakened immune system because they may require an additional dose to obtain adequate protection from Covid-19. This is different to a booster and is part of the first primary course of the vaccine.
Please do not contact the surgery as the letter states as we are unable to access any appointments.
If you have received a letter/message in this regard, you are able to attend a walk in clinic with your letter as proof of eligibility. There is no need to book an appointment.
Priory House, Chicksands, Shefford have walk in clinics as below:
- Friday 22nd October 08:30-16:00
- Saturday 23rd October 08:30-16:00
- Sunday 24th October 08:30-16:00
More dates will be publicised for Shefford as they become available.
Also if more convenient for our Cambridgeshire patients, venues are available as below:
- The Grafton Centre in Cambridge – open daily 08:30-16:00, and Tuesdays and Wednesdays 08:30-19:30
- The Chesterton Indoor Bowls Centre in Cambridge – open daily 08:30-16:00
- The Eatons Community Centre in Eaton Socon – open daily 08:30-16:00, and Tuesdays 08:30-19:30
- The Oaktree Centre in Huntingdon – open daily 08:30-16:00, and Thursdays 08:30-19:30
Please visit www.thevaccinators.co.ukbefore attending one of the above walk-in clinics to check the latest information as opening hours are subject to change.