What to expect upon arrival at the surgery:
- Please ensure that you wear a face mask upon arrival at the surgery.
- Please use the hand gel at the entrance.
- We have an intercom system in place in the entrance foyer where you will be greeted by a receptionist. You will be asked if you are currently well and the purpose of your visit to the surgery.
- Our receptionists will signpost any patients who have an appointment into the waiting room and you will be seated observing current social distancing measures.
- If you are collecting a prescription, the receptionist will collect this for you from our dispensary and pass through the reception hatch.
- At busy times, there may be a queue to the front door whilst our receptionists deal with patient enquiries and we would be grateful for your patience and understanding at this time and to respect social distancing rules.
We have been asked “When will I be able to see a GP face to face again?’” At the moment all surgeries are still operating with the total triage model in line with the NHS England guidance which is explained above.
This will continue to be in place as long as the guidance remains the same. Therefore, we can reassure you that if the clinician feels they need to see someone face to face they will do so in a controlled manner.
Please do look at our new website, www.greensands.org.uk, where you can communicate with the practice by email and access a variety of forms and useful information.
The continued safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance during these uncertain times and we appreciate your understanding and patience.