Welcome to Greensands Medical Practice
The doctors and staff welcome you to Greensands Medical Practice. We provide a wide range of general medical services from our two premises in Potton and Gamlingay.
Both sites have easy wheelchair access.
Please explore our website to find out more about us and what we can offer.
FLU Vaccinations 2016
The Flu vaccination provides the best protection against an unpredictable virus which infects many people and can cause serious illness and even death each year. The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu.
Eligible patients are:
- everyone aged 65 and over
- everyone under 65 years of age who has had a medical condition such as a heart problem, a chest complaint or breathing difficulties including bronchitis, emphysema or severe asthma, kidney disease, lowered immunity due to treatment, liver disease, had a stroke or a TIA, diabetes, a neurological condition e.g. multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy or learning disability
- all pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- all two, three and four year old children
- all children in school years 1, 2 and 3
- all primary school-aged children in some parts of the country
- everyone living in a residential or nursing home
- everyone who cares for an older or disabled person
- household contacts of anyone who is immunocompromised
- all frontline health and social care workers
If you are aged 70, 71, 72, 73, 78 or 79 on the 1st September 2016, you will also be offered a Shingles vaccination at the time of your flu vaccination, as per the Department of Health recommendations. For further information, please refer to the NHS Choices website www.nhs.uk
If you would like a Flu/Shingles vaccination please call and ask a member of our reception team to make you an appointment at the surgery.
Important information about surgery closure times during 2016/2017
Please note that this surgery will be closed for important staff training from 3pm on:-
Tuesday 8th November 2016
Tuesday 13th December 2016
Tuesday 28th February 2017
For repeat prescriptions, test results or booking routine appointments, please contact the surgery the following day.
For urgent medical problems during these times, please call
0345 601 0244
Surgery News & Information
Patient Online - For information on our Patient Online services (including access to view a summary of your medical record
and/or your detailed coded record) and to download an application form for an online account click here
NHS Prescription Charge Increase - The Government has decided that NHS prescription charges will increase to £8.40 per item from
1st April 2016. Pre-payment certificates will not be affected by
this change. For more information on prescriptions and pre-payment certificates click here
Patient Newsletter - October 2016 - November 2016
Please click here for additional surgery news & Information
The NHS is constantly in the news. Here are some interesting articles to contribute to the debate:
Some new posts on the privatisation debate!